Article Published Date : 2017-04-24
How do I descale my Philips Café Gourmet coffee maker?
Regular descaling prolongs the life of the appliance and guarantees optimal brewing results for a long time.
In case of normal use (two brewing cycles a day), descale the appliance:
- Every two months if you use soft water (up to 13dH) or filtered water;
- Every month if you use hard water (over 13dH).
To descale your appliance, we advise you to use white vinegar (up to max 8% acetic acid), as other
products may damage your coffee maker.
To descale the appliance
please follow the steps below:
1. Put a filter in the filter holder
2. Pour 0.5 liters of white vinegar into the water tank.
3. Place the jug on the hotplate. Switch on the appliance and let it complete one brewing cycle.
4. Switch off the appliance and let it cool down for 3 minutes.
6. Repeat steps 2 to 5.
If not all scale has been removed from the appliance, repeat steps 2 to 5 once more.
7. Remove the paper filter and throw it away.
8. Rinse the jug with water. Then fill it up to the MAX indication.
9. Pour the water into the water tank.
10. Place the jug on the hotplate. Switch on the appliance and let it complete one brewing cycle.
11. Switch off the appliance and let it cool down for 3 minutes.
13. Repeat steps 8 to 12
to remove any white vinegar and scale residues.
14. Clean the filter holder and the rubber insert. Place the filter holder and the rubber insert back into the appliance.
Frequently Asked Questions