It’s an insidious problem. According to the CDC, on any given day, one in 25 hospital patients has at least one hospital acquired infection¹.
Hospital acquired infections, which are also known as healthcare associated infections (HAIs), are a significant concern. They can be localized or systemic, can involve any system of the body, and be associated with medical devices or blood product transfusions². Reducing hospital acquired infections across your enterprise can help improve patient population management in the ICU and extend your care resources.
This issue affects even the youngest and most vulnerable patients. HAI incidence in the NICU has dramatically increased over the past 20 years.
Our critical care solutions support your care teams in their infection-control initiatives for neonates, infants and adults.
1. Magill SS, Edwards JR, Bamberg W, et al. Multistate Point-Prevalence Survey of Health Care-Associated Infections.N Engl J Med 2014;370:1198-208.
2. Marchetti A, Rossiter R. Economic Burden of Healthcare-Associated Infection in US Acute Care Hospitals – Societal Perspective. J Med Econ 16(12). September 2013. DOI: 10.3111/13696998.2013.842922. Source: PubMed.
3. Hassan M, Tuckman HP, Patrick RH, Kountz DS, Kohn JL. Cost of hospital-acquired infection. Hosp Top. 2010 Jul- Sep;88(3):82-9. DOI: 10.1080/00185868.2010.507124.
4. Zimlichman E, Henderson D, Tamir O, et al. Health Care-Associated Infections: A Meta-analysis of Costs and Financial Impact on the US Health Care System. JAMA Intern Med. 2013;173(22):2039-2046. DOI:10.1001/jamainternmed.2013.9763.
6. Frost and Sullivan, US Neonatal and Infant Care Equipment Market; Sustaining Growth in a Challenging Environment: The Need and the Reality. Feb. 2015, p:11
By clicking on the link, you will be leaving the official Royal Philips Healthcare ("Philips") website. Any links to third-party websites that may appear on this site are provided only for your convenience and in no way represent any affiliation or endorsement of the information provided on those linked websites. Philips makes no representations or warranties of any kind with regard to any third-party websites or the information contained therein.